The 1991 Topps Stadium Club Series 2 Baseball Box is a 600-card standard size set marked Topps first premium quality set. Two separate series of 300 cards each make up the set. With dazzling full-color border-less photos and slick, glossy card stock the set created a stir in the hobby upon release. The back of each card has the basic biographical information, as well as making use of the Fastball BARS system, and an inset photo of the player’s Topps rookie card. Notable Rookie Cards include Jeff Bagwell and Luis Gonzalez.
Product details: When 1991 Topps Stadium Club Baseball arrived, the hobby was already changing. Upper Deck had essentially forced every manufacturer into making better quality cards. But the introduction of Stadium Club took it up another notch. The result was one of the hottest sets at the time.
- Cards were advertised as using Kodak Image Technology.
- The suggested retail price for packs was $1.25.
- Series 1 included cards 1-300, Series 2 included 301-600.
- Features a miniature rookie card reprint on the backs.
- Card #155 of Jose Canseco was featured on the cover of the Jan. 1992 issue of Sports Card Trader.